What information does the site collect?
a. Information You Provide to Us
Demographic and Personal Information: We may ask you for certain information such as 1. personal identifiable information to include but not limited to: first and last name, email address, web address, company name, job title, phone number (“Personal Information”); and 2. demographic information to include but not limited to: age and gender (“Demographic Information”). This information may be obtained through various forms and in various places on the Site including if you register on our Site, subscribe to our newsletter, respond to a survey, enter a giveaway, post a comment, fill out a form, email us or when you interact with the Site in any other manner. The Site does not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your Personal Information. This does not include trusted third parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or servicing you, so long as those third parties agree to keep this information confidential. Demographic Information may be provided to third parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
b. Information We Collect and Store When You Visit and Use Our Site
In addition to any information that you choose to submit to us via our Site, we and our third-party service providers may use technologies that automatically (or passively) collect and store certain information whenever you visit or interact with the Site (“Usage Information”). This Usage Information may be stored or accessed using a variety of technologies that may be downloaded to your personal computer, laptop, tablet or mobile phone (a “Device”) whenever you visit or interact with our Site. Usage Information can be non‑identifying or can be associated with you. This Usage Information may include:
- your IP address or other unique identifiers (“Device Identifier”). A Device Identifier is a number that is automatically assigned to your Device used to access the Site, and our computers identify your Device by its Device Identifier;
- your Device functionality (including browser, operating system, hardware, mobile network information);
- the URL that referred you to our Site;
- the areas within our Site that you visit and your activities there, including remembering you and your preferences;
- your Device location;
- your Device characteristics; and
- certain other Device data, including the time of day, among other information.
We may methods and technologies to collect Usage Information (“Tracking Technologies”). Tracking Technologies may set, change, alter or modify settings or configurations on your Device. A few of the Tracking Technologies include, without limitation, the following and any technology and methods later developed):
- Embedded Script and Code: An embedded script is programming code that is designed to collect information about your interactions with the Site, such as the links you click on. The code is temporarily downloaded onto your Device from our web server or a third party service provider, is active only while you are connected to the Site, and is deactivated or deleted thereafter.
- Web Beacons: Small graphic images or other web programming code called web beacons (also referred to as “1×1 GIFs” or “clear GIFs”) may be included in our Site’s pages and messages. Web beacons are not invisible to you, however, any electronic image or other web programming code inserted into a page or e-mail can act as a web beacon. Web beacons or similar technologies may be used for, including, without limitation, to count visitors to the Site, to monitor how users navigate the Site, to count how many e-mails that were sent were actually opened or to count how many particular articles or links were actually viewed.
c. Interactions With Third Party Sites
d. Information You Provide About a Third Party
If you someone else a communication from the Site, the information you provide (names, email addresses, mobile number, etc.) is used to facilitate the communication and is not used by us for any other marketing purpose unless we obtain consent from that person. Please be aware that when you use any send-to-a-friend functionality on our Site, your email address, mobile number, name or user name and message may be included in the communication sent to your addressee(s).
e. California Do Not Track Disclosure
Various third parties are developing or have developed signals or other mechanisms for the expression of consumer choice regarding the collection of information about an individual consumer’s online activities over time and across third-party web sites or online services (e.g., browser do not track signals). Currently, we do not monitor or take any action with respect to these signals or other mechanisms.
How Do We Use the Collected Information
a. Use of information By Us
We may use your information (Personal Information, Demographic Information, and/or Usage Information to:
- To personalize your experience. Your information helps us to better respond to your individual needs;
- To improve our website. We continually strive to improve our website offerings based on the information and feedback we receive from you. Your information allows us to customize your experience on the Site or to serve you specific content or ads that are relevant to you;
- To improve customer service. Your information helps us more effectively respond to your customer service requests and support needs;
- To contact you about your use of the Site and changes to the Site and/or Site’s policies;
- To process transactions or provide you with information such as electronic newsletters, special offers, promotional and marketing materials on behalf of us or third parties, and/or to let you know about new products, services or upcoming events. The email address you provide may be used to send you information and updates pertaining to your subscription;
- To enable you to participate in a contest, promotion, survey, or other site feature;
- For internal business purposes; and
b. Use of Information for Hiring Purposes
When you have provided us with information as part of an online application for employment, internship, or contribution consideration, we may use that information in order to allow us to make an informed decision about whether to proceed with your application. We may, as part of this process, collect information about your education, employment history and, social media activities, and similar matters. This information is considered to be sensitive, you expressly consent to our processing of this information for recruitment purposes by submitting it to us.
c. Administrative and Legal Reasons
We may use/release your information when we believe release is appropriate to 1. satisfy any applicable law, regulation, subpoenas, governmental requests or legal process if in our good faith opinion such is required or permitted by law; 2. enforce our site policies, or protect our or others rights, property, safety; 3. to protect and/or defend the Site’s Terms & Conditions or other policies applicable to the Site, including investigation of potential violations thereof; 4. to detect, address, prevent fraud, security or technical issues. We may use IP address or other information, to identify users in cooperation with third parties such as copyright owners, internet service providers, wireless service providers and/or law enforcement agencies, all in our discretion, subject to applicable law. Such disclosures may be carried out without notice to you.
Change of Information and/or Communication Preferences
It is your responsibility to maintain the accuracy of the information you submit to us, such as your contact information provided to us. If you send us a request to make changes, we will make good faith efforts to make requested changes in our then active databases as soon as reasonably practicable. Please note that it is not always possible to completely remove or delete all of your information from our databases and that residual data may remain on backup media or for other reasons. If you have made any public postings on the Site such as in forums or blogs, these communications cannot generally be removed. When you edit your Personal Information or change your preferences on the Site, information that you remove may persist internally for our administrative purposes. You may cancel or modify our email marketing communications you receive from us by following the instructions contained within our promotional emails or in some cases by logging into your Site account and changing your communication preferences. This will not affect subsequent subscriptions and if your opt-out is limited to certain types of emails the opt-out will be so limited. Subsequent or different subscriptions will be unaffected. We reserve the right to send you communications relating to your account or use of our Site, such as administrative and Site announcements and these transactional account messages may be unaffected if you choose to opt-out from receiving our marketing communications.
Transfer of Information to the United States
Each Site is a general audience web site. We do not knowingly or purposefully collect any personal information from children younger than the age of thirteen (13) as required by U.S. law. We will delete any personal information collected that we later determine to be from a user younger than the age of thirteen (13). If you are a parent or guardian of a child under the age of thirteen (13) and believe he or she has disclosed personal information to us, please contact us.
We use commercially reasonable safeguards to help protect and secure your Personal Information. Please take note that no data transmission over the Internet, mobile networks, wireless transmission or electronic storage of information can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. We cannot ensure the security of any information you transmit to us, and you use our Site and provide us with your information at your own risk.